The current PBE update turned out to be surprisingly lovely for the Valorant community, as Riot decided to test some of the most anticipated changes to the game. although Chamber was left untouched and will probably continue to reign supreme in terms of being the best Sentinel Agent to pick, Cypher finally got some love (although he still will most likely die in the next cinematic anyway). Without further ado, let’s take a peek at what Riot has prepared in Patch 5.10 on the PBE server.
Valorant Patch 5.10 PBE: Quick Summary
For those who don’t want to read all the patch notes, we have prepared a small “TLDR”:
- Cypher has received some pretty nice Trapwire and Neural Theft buffs, as well as some quality of life changes. We think that the most significant change as far as Cyphers is concerned is that from now on, Agents’ abilities will not be able to destroy his traps. Although he will still not be the best Agent in the metagame, picking it will surely not be as tragic as before.
- Fade’s Prowler ability has been nerfed to the ground. Although she should still be a playable initiator pick, Fade will most likely be no longer be as “unstoppable” as before. Even though we know how strong she was, these nerfs seem a bit too harsh.
- Besides that, we only got a couple of bug fixes and a little menu change. Nothing big, really.
Valorant Patch 5.10 PBE Notes: All Changes
Having heard the pain caused by removing one-click access to most of our menus, we’ve returned that functionality in the form of icon buttons in the universal navigation at the top of the screen. You’ll now be able to jump from Home, Battlepass, Agents, Career, Collection, and Store with one click from anywhere. Not sure what icon is what? Give them a hover – we’ve added tool tips to help you familiarize yourself.
- Maximum Trapwire length increased 1000 >>> 1500
- Neural Theft now reveals enemies two times. There is a four-second delay between the revelations
- Time restriction to cast on enemy corpses has been removed
- Maximum cast distance increased 1200 >>> 1800
Quality of Life
- Updated the yellow silhouette used for Cypher’s reveal on Spycam and Neural Theft
- Yellow silhouette now disappears if the revealed enemy becomes visible to you to help reduce confusion of seeing two representations of the enemy in different places
- Yellow silhouette now starts dimmer and fades faster to make it more distinguishable from an current enemy
- Cypher’s placed utility is no longer destroyed by allies’ AOE damage
- Duration reduced from 3 >>> 2.5 seconds. (Time the prowler is alive without a trail)
- Delay on bite after reaching target increased .4 >>> .6 seconds
- hitbox improvements
- Nearsight duration on hit reduced 3.5 >>> 2.75 seconds
- Prowlers now fizzle out and no longer debuff instead of debuffing their target if they teleported away before it finishes its animation
The Best Female Valorant Teams
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes spawn under the map
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeter on the minimap would shorten when aiming up or down even though the Cascade would travel the same distance
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeter on the minimap was slightly shorter than the actual distance it would travel
- Fixed a bug where Astra could cast a fake Nebula right at the start of a round before her Star charged up
- Button highlight/coloring state inconsistencies on the new universal navigation buttons for Home, Battlepass, Agents, Career, Collection, and Store
- Selected universal navigation icons do not navigate to the selected menu when used from any sub-nav menu
And that’s it for all of the changes that we currently can test on Valorant’s PBE server. Note that this is just PBE, and some changes may end up in a slightly different form in the global version of the game. If you have some thoughts about all these changes, make sure to join our discord server and share them with us!