Apple’s brand-new iPhone 13 series has just been announced, and T-Mobile is ready right away with a new Forever Upgrade promotion.
First shared on Twitter by the CEO himself, Mike Sievert, the Forever Upgrade program will offer customers up to $800 off a new iPhone every two years.
Upgrading to the latest 📱 year after year gets costly for Apple lovers. So, in true #UnCarrier fashion, @TMobile‘s introducing Forever Upgrade: a free iPhone 13 now + $800 off your next iPhone every two years.
This move is what value is all about! pic.twitter.com/8rWQMSQq26
— Mike Sievert (@MikeSievert) September 14, 2021
To enroll in the program, customers must be on the Magenta Plus or Magenta MAX rate plan or have the “PlusUP” or “MAXUp” add-on applied to their line. The Sprint equivalent plan, Sprint MAX, is also eligible. The customer can then purchase an iPhone 12 series or iPhone 13 series phone on an EIP (T-Mobile’s installment plan) or via Apple Financing. Two years later, that iPhone can be traded in to T-Mobile for the latest and greatest iPhone. They’ll get a trade-in value of “up to” $800, with the promotional credit applying monthly to the new installment plan. The program then continues, presumably, forever.
As a bonus, well-qualified customers can take advantage of a 30-month installment plan and still trade in their device at the two-year mark. They then would not have to pay off the remaining 6 months of payments.
There are some caveats though.
- Customers who take advantage of the promotion cannot trade-in their phone for credit towards an ineligible device at any point during the two year period. If they do, they will be disenrolled from the Forever Upgrade promotion. They can switch to another eligible device, however doing so will reset the 2-year clock.
- The Forever Upgrade promo does not stack with “Free Line” promotions. That includes existing free lines on eligible accounts, like “Line On Us” and “Third Line Free”.
- There’s a limit of 4 enrollments per account. If a customer has more than 4 qualifying devices/lines, the most expensive 4 will be enrolled.
- As stated, it requires either a premium plan like ONE Plus, Magenta Plus, or Magenta/Sprint MAX, or it requires a premium add-on to the line. Standard plans like Magenta and Essentials are not eligible.
- When the device is traded in after two years, the bonus trade-in value will be applied as a monthly credit on the newly created installment plan for the new iPhone.
Preorders for the iPhone 13 series starts on September 17th.
Forever Upgrade Full Terms & Conditions
New and existing customers get the powerful iPhone 13 Series or iPhone 12 Series on us and lock in up to $800 in trade-in value off your iPhone with Forever Upgrade from T-Mobile.
iPhone On Us: Contact us before canceling service to continue remaining bill credits, or credits stop & balance on required finance agreement is due (eg $799.99 – iPhone 13 128GB / $699.99 – iPhone 13 mini 128GB / $999.99 – iPhone 13 Pro 128GB / $729.99 – iPhone 12 64GB / $629.99 – iPhone 12 mini 64GB / $899.99 – iPhone 12 Pro 128GB / $999.99 – iPhone 12 Pro Max 128GB). Tax on pre-credit price due at sale. Limited-time offer; subject to change. Qualifying credit, Magenta MAX, Magenta Plus, One Plus, Sprint MAX, Plus or Premium UNL service, and trade-in ($1,000 off: iPhone 12 Pro/Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max; $800 off: iPhone 12/12 mini, iPhone 11, iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max; Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra/S20 Fan Edition/S21/S21+/Note10/Note20/Note20 Ultra, Z Flip 5G, Z Fold2; Motorola moto razr 5G ; OnePlus 8 5G/8T+ 5G. $400 off: iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2; Samsung Galaxy A71/A71 5G/S9/S9+/S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G/Note9; LG V50 ThinQ, V60 ThinQ 5G, Wing, Velvet; Google Pixel 4a/4a 5G/4/4 XL; OnePlus 7 Pro 5G/7T/7T Pro 5G McLaren, 8 Pro; Asus Rog Phone2. $200 off: iPhone 6S or older) required. In stores & on customer service calls, $30 assisted or upgrade support charge may be required. Up to $1,000 via trade-in credit & bill credits; must be active and in good standing to receive credits; allow 2 bill cycles. Max 4/account. May not be combinable with some offers or discounts. Forever Upgrade: Trade in current eligible iPhone for a new eligible iPhone every 24+ months. Trade-in value is based on full retail price of trade-in device up to $800 & applied to retail price of new device; at cash value. Trading in before 24 months resets trade-in value and time to redeem. Program may end & is subject to change at any time. Up to $800 via trade-in credit & bill credits. Max 1/line & 4/account.