Get the details below.
hi-fi RUSH is a single-player rhythm action game from Tango Gameworks, the award-winning studio behind Ghostwire: Tokyo and The Evil Within. in hi-fi RUSH, the entire world moves to the beat. Everything from the trees swaying in the environment to each hit landed during combat auto-syncs to the game’s music with stellar animations.
The player takes on the role of Chai, a free-spirited slacker with rockstar ambitions. During a technological procedure to receive a robotic arm, he finds an unexpected “bonus” when his music player is fused within his power unit. If that wasn’t enough, the company behind the experiment labels him a “defect,” making him a target for deactivation. With a squad of corporate overlords and an army of robots after him, Chai must defend himself through rhythmic combat and the help of a motley crew of allies to take down the company’s ruthless business leaders and escape.
- Gameplay That’s Always in Sync – Every element in the world of hi-fi RUSH is synced to the game’s soundtrack. Combat sequences perfectly align to the rhythm of the music, allowing for gameplay that is not only exhilarating but also extremely satisfying. hi-fi RUSH is a rhythm action game, with an emphasis on action. A player’s moves aren’t dictated by the music like in a traditional rhythm game — players have the freedom of a full action game, but inputting actions with the beat amplifies a player’s attacks along with the music.
- Packed With Personality – hi-fi RUSH features a cast of outrageous characters, each with their own unique personalities and skills to help Chai take down the bad guys and turn up the volume on the game’s playful tone. hi-fi RUSH is unlike anything Tango Gameworks has created before and offers a lighthearted and humorous gameplay experience for everyone to enjoy.
- Addictive Music – hi-fi RUSH showcases an energetic and catchy soundtrack of licensed songs, ranging from well-known rockers to some inspired cuts that will keep players engaged and headbanging as they play. Both the licensed and original music in hi-fi RUSH offer more than just background music with each track matching the pace of that level’s characters, environment, platforming, and combat.
- Dynamic Visuals – From lovingly animated gags to crisp comic book effects, the visuals in hi-fi RUSH are vibrant and fun. hi-fi RUSH‘s visual style not only appeals to a variety of audiences—it’s also easy on players’ hardware and doesn’t require an expensive graphics card to look alive and stunning on Xbox or PC.
- Streamer Mode – For those looking to livestream hi-fi RUSH or post gameplay online, hi-fi RUSH offers a Streamer Mode which replaces the game’s licensed tracks with original songs. This mode should enable streamers and content creators to stream and post their gameplay with a low risk of claims, takedowns and muting. This option is toggled in Gameplay Settings. Please note—even if players take these actions, because of forces outside our control, there is no guarantee that external parties or software won’t interfere with posted content. However, using Streamer Mode is intended to reduce the chances of that happening.
Licensed Tracks (not featured in Streamer Mode)
- Nine Inch Nails – “1,000,000”
- Nine Inch Nails – “Perfect Drug”
- The Black Keys – “Lonely Boy”
- Prodigy – “Invaders Must Die”
- The Joy Formidable – “Whirring”
- Number Girl – “Inazawa Chainsaw”/li>
- Wolfgang Gartner – “Wolfgang’s 5th Symphony”
- Zwan – “Honestly”
Included in the hi-fi RUSH Deluxe Edition:
- hi-fi RUSH (base game)
- Two Chai outfits*
- Seven bonus Chai t-shirts
- 808-Themed Guitar Skin
- 808 Alternate Skin
- Gears Starter Pack with 20,000 Gears for unlocking combat skills and other upgrades. (Note: Gears are obtained through combat and exploration in-game and not available as a purchasable currency.)
*Each of the Chai Outfits includes a hairstyle, scarf, jacket, trousers and shoes which can be mixed and matched with the T-shirts and guitar skins.
Note: Gears are immediately available after purchase. Players get access to the other items after beating the opening stage and can change their outfits in the Hideout.
Watch a set of trailers below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.